Sunday, March 4, 2012

Getting to Disney and Day Before the Race

I don't teach or take classes on Fridays, so I had scheduled a morning flight to Orlando. The plan was to meet up with my friend, Dana, my mom, and my grandparents at the airport. Unfortunately, there was a snowstorm the night before the flight. Chicago had a complete ground-stop in the morning, which resulted in my flight being cancelled. American Airlines bussed us to Chicago, but considering that was a 2.5 hour proposition and not a 30 minute flight, I missed my flight to Orlando, which had left on time. I was re-booked on a later flight and got into Orlando about 7 hours later than planned.

We didn't get to go to the Disney Fit for a Princess Expo on Friday as planned, so we crashed at our condo and got up early the next morning to go get our race packets.

The Expo was large and there were some really interesting products, but I was anxious to get to the park and have some fun! Dana and I got some "pixie dust" on our hair, picked up our race packets (bibs and shirt) and then went off to Hollywood Studios!


We had a fabulous time going and seeing shows and we were even chosen to be part of the Indiana Jones Stunt Show! It was a great experience, and I hope that I can do it again if/when I go back!




Dana and I went to the Animation area of Hollywood Studios, where we got to draw Dopey and Pluto, as well as meet characters. Perhaps my favorite part of the day, though, was going on the Toy Story ride. It's one of the only rides I've been on that made me just laugh out loud because of the sheer fun of it all. It spins you around (but not too much!) and has the target shooting practice of my favorite ride in the Magic Kingdom - Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.



We went back to the condo fairly early, ate a spaghetti dinner, and went to bed around 7:30pm, considering we had a SUPER early morning coming up...

3 comments:

  1. I loved that stunt show! I wish I could've seen you in it! Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I came across your website and found it very enjoyable. I just had a couple of questions so if you could e-mail me back that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for relaying the story about your flight issues ... I've been on the fence about when to fly in for the 2013 Disney Marathon and this is a good example of why flying in the day before could potentially be a problem! Might need to come in a day earlier than I was planning to give myself some cushion for weather problems!

    ReplyDelete